Friday, October 2, 2009

Bunco Fundraiser

I learned this idea from the Martin Area Alumnae - I think they might try this for the Spring.
I thought it was a really cool idea so I would share.
Many Thanks Misty Jo Phipps - She gets all the credit on this one.

For those of you who do not know, Bunco is a dice game that involves 4 people playing per table. It is an easy game to catch on to, but it is lots of fun!!! I am in a group myself that consists of 15 other women who would be very excited to participate. I think this could be a very successful fundraiser that would be very easy to continue from year to year and would be a fun “Girls Night Out” for all ages. Below is a list of items that we would need to purchase as well as some other items that we will need if we do decide to do this fundraiser.
Items we will need to purchase:
3 dice per table
4 pens per table (4 of these pens must be red to go at the head table)
1 small scratch pad per table to keep score
Score card for each player (print these off the computer)
Door prize tickets
Bell for head table
Décor for the theme
“Necklaces” for players when they roll a Bunco (should go with theme of the night)
Prizes for the following categories:
Most Buncos
Most points
Most wins
Most losses
Best costume (if we choose to have players dress up to go along with theme)
We will need the following items as well:
Venue – perfect venue would be one that already has tables & chairs set up for 4 people per table; the high school here in Fulton is set up perfect for that, but I think it would be better to do this event in Martin
Caterer – I was thinking that BBQ plates might go over well, and I should be able to get us a deal on those. The one I attended in Jackson served Mexican food so that is also another idea. Any other suggestions?
Silent auction items
Door prizes
T-shirts
Theme
Charity
Possible speaker for the event depending on the charity we choose

No comments:

Post a Comment