Friday, July 24, 2009

University of TN Recruitment

As many of know, I'm the Membership Advisor for UTK.

Here is some info if you would like to help out.

I know alumnae want to help during actual recruitment parties however due to the ageing Panhellenic building and fire codes only 70 collegiate women and very limited advisors/alumnae can be present in the suite. The alumnae in the suite are National Officers, membership advisor, and co-membership advisor. Recruitment has become no frills with minimum food. However you can help in other ways. See below. If all you can do is a plate of brownies, the girls will greatly appreciate it.

Recruitment Dates
August 12-14 recruitment workshop
August 16 Open House
August 17-18 Round I - Philanthropy
August 20-21 Round II - Skit
August 22 Pref
August 23 Bid Day

Recruitment Help
Dinner for the girls each night.
Supply kit including breath mints, band aids, feminine hygiene, etc.
Brownies, cookies, candy during voting - the girls love homemade food.
Provide happies/gift for prizes during recruitment week
Snacks, sodas, and bottled water for recruitment retreat in Pigeon Forge (August 12-14)
Notes of encouragement
Encourage alumnae to fill out MIS forms and submit to me

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I recently moved to the Knoxville area and I am attending grad school at UT this fall. I would be happy to help with recruitment for the Zeta Chapter. I was wondering how I should go about that and what is needed? Please feel free to email me at ashlee.cornett@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete